Wednesday 8 July 2009

Welcome one and all

Before we get started



Hi my name is andrew I'm 42 and I am originally from England but have lived in scotland for the past 20 years. I have only been making paper/card models for just over 3 years now and only really started the hobby due to me having an accident on a bmx, I crashed off a jump broke my clavicle in my shoulder,cracked some ribs and ended up with a bruised brain which then led onto me having short term memory loss which basically meant that I would not really be able to carry on working as I am a harm to myself and others!.

So to go from 6 days a week, 60hrs a week working to doing nothing was a bit of a shock to me as I had'nt even been off work with a cold or any other illness for about 20 years ( I'm sure I hold the cure to the common cold in my blood!!!). I started to look around the web to see what I could take up as a hobbie, most of the things that I saw did not really intrest me but then I came across a website with characters made from card and this made me quite interested as I had not seen or heard about it. The website was run by a young man called Shin Tanaka and he had a couple of characters called "spiky Baby" and "masked hoody", these I looked on with intrest and so I downloaded the sets straight away and proceeded to make them.

It was from that point that I was hooked to making models and toys from card. I still keep in contact with shin via email and due to his work it opened up a whole new world to me and has shown me that the card craft is not really just a hobby but a way of life to thousands of people all around the world and now 3 years later and about 600 models later I'm still finding new and challenging ideas to make and build. In the coming posts I will introduce to the people that I am driven by and the models that I have taken on over the past years.

No comments:

Post a Comment